Bike of the month - August 2011 - Alec1's ex VTR1000

Members will be approached and asked to submit an article and pictures (can be taken from photobucket) of their bike. Don't ask us - we will ask you. rfinfo#

Moderators: suzukigoof, b00geyman, novocaine, jaz66, rodge, badanimal

Drac
Location: South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)

Bike of the month - August 2011 - Alec1's ex VTR1000

Post by Drac »

Right where do i start ?

I joined the RFOC after looking at a couple of RF's when I had my Ninja in the hope of getting some pointers before I traded up to an RF900, well as most of you know that never happened as

I had the minor minor heart attack in August 2010 which knocked the stuffing out of me, to be honest I lost my nerve on the 'big bikes' so swapped the Ninja for a CBR600 which encouraged me to get my nerve back.

I looked around for a while but couldn't find a decent RF900 so went for a 1998 VTR1000 Firestorm which I must say is the best bike I have ever ridden

Torque and speed in one nice looking package, I know some of you will say that its a bloody Honda but I have spent the last 3 months making it mine, changing the Clip ons for VFR800 ones and putting inch and half risers on on it (any more height and i'll have ape hangers) put a ceramic bulb holder in with a 100/80 blue bulb, looking for a flip screen for it.

Done the manual cct's and reg rect change as the storm ones tend to fry everything, pazzo levers and a nice comfy seat refurb.

The bike sounds mean with twin microns and goes like stink, handling wise it was a bit willowy until I replaced the fork oil and put a 6mm spacer on the shock now it turns in and takes corners as well as if not better than the Ninja used to.

I think I might keep this one and be an honorary member of RFOC but who know’s, I might change my mind one day, it got me up to Nelsons meet no problem so cant be all bad eh.

Anyway I cant think of much more to say so will just add a pic before I start waffling lol.
RfGirl

Re: Bike of the month - August 2011 - Alec1's VTR1000 Firestorm

Post by RfGirl »

:ymdaydream: very very nice..
Jelly
Resident Troll

Post by Jelly »

He ain't got it anymore =))

If Drac had tapped his phone like all good journalists he'd of known that. :))

;)
"Now...say my name"

"It's......Heisenberg"

"You're God damn right"
alec

Post by alec »

Jelly wrote:He ain't got it anymore =))

If Drac had tapped his phone like all good journalists he'd of known that. :))

;)
I did have it when i put the pics into Drac, anyway i can now put another in for the tdm and help the boss man keep the articles going, wonder if i can get 2 bikes of the month in the same year. and if i ever say its a keeper again kick me up the A#*e :oops:
dg

Re: Bike of the month - August 2011 - Alec1's ex VTR1000

Post by dg »

I like the bike Alex well worthy for bike of the month. I also like the number plate "TFL" Too F******g Late :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Too worn out to ride - too young to die.
Dave G Hackett.