Bike of the Month - November 2008 - DRACS BLUE & WHITE RF900

Members will be approached and asked to submit an article and pictures (can be taken from photobucket) of their bike. Don't ask us - we will ask you. rfinfo#

Moderators: suzukigoof, b00geyman, novocaine, jaz66, rodge, badanimal

Bradlad

Bike of the Month - November 2008 - DRACS BLUE & WHITE RF900

Post by Bradlad »

Blue and White Bike

First Registered May 1995

I am the 5th Owner and bought it in September 2005

Mods

It was one of only five RF900's to be done in GSX-R blue and white colours by Crescent Suzuki

Since I have had it I have added the following

a blue tinted screen

a Blue Flame, Titanium Twin Port, oval can (in blue http://www.blueflameperformance.com/bik ... e_cans.asp)

an undertray I bought off ebay from a firm in Brazil

the tyres are a pair of Avon Storms

The seat was made up, from the original seat, by a seat maker in Newport, Wales (Digger seats http://www.diggerseats.co.uk/index.htm)
I have a small number plate but since the police have been hotter on pulling bikers around Bristol, I removed it

I have a pair of stainless steel tubes that can be attached if I need to take my crutches with me and they fit on quite easily and wuickly using a nut and bolt drilled into the left side passenger heel plate and the can hoder on the other side and at the top end, attached by a welded bracket that uses the grab rail bolts. The one problem is, they guy who made it up used a standard can for measurement but my oval can is slightly larger and its very close to the can once fitted.

Other Info
I first saw this bike advertised on Crescent Suzuki Website and telephoned the guy who was selling it. His nickname was "pinky" and he worked for Crescent. He was asking £1,800 for it but I had to sell my GSX750F first so told him, if he had a frim offer take it!!

He did and I lost it. At that time, I was a member of the Suzuki Owners Club and one day, a new member put up the pic of this bike. I replied in his post saying "thats my bike!!!" and went on to explain the above.

I organise the RF Meet with the SOC and he came to it (Bourton on the Water) and there he informed me he and his wife were going to St Tropez on it.

A couple of months later, he emailed me and offered me the bike. He had been to St Tropez and that was the sole reason he had bought the bike. "Want to buy it" he asked "I'll let you have it for the same price I paid" - so, without haggling, I agreed. A week later I was riding it back from Wales to Bristol and since then, the bike has been mine.

Helping 1 person wont change the world,however it will change the world for that one person

loronge

Re: Bike of the Month - November 2008 - DRACS BLUE & WHITE R

Post by loronge »

mate i absolutely love your bike it has inspired me to spray my rf600r like this NOT exactly the same but similar :-bd

heres my thread http://rfownersclub.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=18838