Bike of the Month - July 2010 - Finbar's SV1000

Members will be approached and asked to submit an article and pictures (can be taken from photobucket) of their bike. Don't ask us - we will ask you. rfinfo#

Moderators: suzukigoof, b00geyman, novocaine, jaz66, rodge, badanimal

Drac
Location: South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)

Bike of the Month - July 2010 - Finbar's SV1000

Post by Drac »

Well folks, after the threat of transportation or worse by our Worshipful Dracster, He wanted a piece on a non RF bike, so here is a rundown on my beloved SV.

I have owned her since 2005, just bought her on impulse, as most of the things I do.

Previously I had an 800 Volusia, which was my first real bike, discounting my ol’ CG125 commuter bike, or my MOV Velocette. (Wish I had it now). To be honest, there was nothing wrong with the Cruiser, I just fancied a change.

At first I tried the SV s, nice bike but too much of a sporty position for my ancient frame. I then tried this one and was hooked.

It’s pretty much standard except I fitted a Fabbri fly screen, and bought a pair of Blue Flame cans at the NEC. Think I saved about £100 on them at the show. I would like a Hugger, but can’t see one that I really like yet.

I’m afraid the Wife, affectionately known as the ‘Child Bride’ doesn’t find it very comfortable, as a matter of fact neither do I, but I ain’t giving in. I keep promising myself a Gel Seat, but something alway’s seems to swallow up my funds at the time.

I must admit that I do like the RF’s, but I can’t justify having 2 bikes, “why not”? You say. Truth is, I don’t have the room where I keep my bike at the moment, otherwise Drac would be losing his blue & white treasure.

The above pictures were taken outside the Museum of Army Flying at Middle Wallop, which is just up the road from where I live. Nice place for a meet, methinks.

Anyway, enough waffling on about the SV, we don’t want FF getting the urge to change up to a bike with a proper engine, do we?

Stay safe out there, Bob……………..aka Finbar.
Finbar

Re: Bike of the Month - July 2010 - Finbar's SV1000

Post by Finbar »

Thank's for that Drac.. Truly honoured. :-bd
illmor

Post by illmor »

lovely sound of V2 :-bd . ( that`s way i love honda vtr )
Tony V

Post by Tony V »

What a lovely specimen m8, beautifully maintained :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: Shame about the storage space, it would be nice if Drac's Crescent RF went to a loving owner in the club.
Never rub another mans rhubarb!
hippy-smurf

Post by hippy-smurf »

those cans do look nice on your bike...
Finbar

Post by Finbar »

Thanks Mate. Yes I do love 'em. :thumright: Did you notice I have heat treated the bracket to match in with the rest.
Easy really. Just played a soft flame on the edge and watched the colours form. Tried it on the back first. :brilsmurf:
hughie
The Geordie Destroyer

Post by hughie »

REAL NICE BIKE MATE :) :)
HUGH EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

U.S.S WARWICK HUNT
yorkshirepuddin

Post by yorkshirepuddin »

Tidy ride there !
RF jockey
Starship Captain
Location: Gedney Drove End.....err. halfway between Boston and Kings Lynn

Post by RF jockey »

Finbar wrote: Did you notice I have heat treated the bracket to match in with the rest.
Easy really. Just played a soft flame on the edge and watched the colours form. Tried it on the back first. :brilsmurf:
Nice touch for a way cool V2 8-)